What Happened …
The content/streaming platform that has moved from just hosting movies and series to producing their own in recent times and it has paid off. At the just ended Oscars, NETFLIX landed 7 Oscars ahead of fellow studios, Disney, Warner Bros., and Amazon.
How it Happened …
NETFLIX almost doubled their total wins over the years with just one award ceremony and speaks volumes of the progress they have made over the years. It is such a historic moment for them as a streaming agency tops the Oscar charts with the most wins for the first time in history.
The following are the pictures they took the awards with:
- Best hairstyling and makeup for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”
- Best costume design for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”
- Best production design for “Mank”
- Best cinematography for “Mank”
- Best documentary feature for “My Octopus Teacher”
- Best live-action short for “Two Distant Strangers”
- Best animated short for “If Anything Happens I Love You”
Below are the following number of Oscars that the competitors also took home:
- Disney – 5 Oscars.
- Warner Bros. – 3 Oscars.
- Amazon – 2 Oscars.
- Sony – 2 Oscars.
- A24 – 1 Oscar.
- Focus Features – 1 Oscar.
- Nordisk Film – 1 Oscar.
- Facebook – 1 Oscar.