Aside from the fact that it is the world’s biggest photo and videos sharing application, Instagram serves as a big medium for business – advertising and marketing.
However, many people face challenges with downloading media from the platform especially due to the lack of download button on the original version of the platform.
In this article, we shall look at ways of downloading various media files from Instagram on your device.
Now, if you’re looking to download your own photos, maybe photos you took with the Instagram app, there is a way to do that. And if you are also hoping to download photos from other users, there is a different approach to that too.
Downloading Your Own Photos from Instagram
Follow the steps below to download your own photos and files from Instagram in few steps:
1. Open your Instagram app and log into your account.
2. Go to your profile
3. Select the dialogue bar on the top right corner of your profile
4. Select ‘settings’
5. Select ‘Security’
6. Select ‘Download data’
Type your email and password to confirm the action.
Your photos, files including other information from your account would be sent to you via your email address in at most 48 hours. Usually, it takes an hour or two for such mails to be sent out.
How To Download Files From Other People
For files that are uploaded by other Instagram users, there is no in-app method of downloading them. Instead there is an external site you can use to download such files.
Follow the instructions below:
1. Visit Instagram via your web browser or via your mobile app.
2. Go the account you wish to download the photo or video from.
3. Select the photo or video as if you want to view it.
4. Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the image or video. Then select ‘copy link’.
5. Visit Downloadgram.com on your internet browser.
6. Paste the link you copied from Instagram into the search box.
7. Press enter and click ‘Download’ button.
8. Click on the image that appears next to save.
Your image should be downloaded to your device after the last step is successfully carried out.
You may need to download images from Instagram for various reasons such as future reference, for your profile picture, to use for other purposes such as posting on other platforms and many other reasons.
For as much as it proves difficult to achieve this goal of downloading an image from Instagram, I hope the methods provided in this article are enough to help you with that.
If you have any comments or any other ways of downloading media on Instagram, you can kindly share it with us in the comment box.